Saint John Energy's governance consists of a Board of Commissioners appointed by the Common Council of the City of Saint John. Presently, this is in the form of a Chairman, six Commissioners and a non-voting Secretary. Current members of the Board of Commissioners of Saint John Energy are as follows, please click on their photo to read their biography:
Saint John Energy's Board of Commission typically meets the third Thursday of each month. The agenda will be posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting.
Our management team is responsible for guiding our daily operations. This team includes the following members, please click on their photo to read their biography:
Saint John Energy, along with our leadership and board of commissioners, is committed to transparent and ethical operations. We fully comply with all applicable corporate governance regulations.
Our approach to doing business involves our collective organization being a responsible corporate citizen and active listener. As part of our broader corporate strategy, our business practices are guided by Four Strategic Themes:
- Financial Stability/Sustainability
- Customer Focus
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Employee Well-Being
While these themes shape the work that we do, the following Six Guiding Principles and Values dictate how we act each and every day:
- Honesty, Integrity & Respect
To learn more about our Sustainability & Communications Strategy, click here.
Within the framework of our Strategic Themes and Guiding Principles and Values, our company’s leadership directs our operations and policy development.
In addition to our employees and board of commissioners, there are also a number of important stakeholders with whom we are committed to continuously engage as we evolve our business practices:
- Our 36,500 residential, commercial and industrial customers
- The City of Saint John Mayor, Council and Administration
- The Province of New Brunswick
- Partners and suppliers, such as NB Power
- Saint John-based stakeholder groups, such as Enterprise Saint John (True Growth 2.0)
- Beneficiaries of our sponsorships and donations program
- News media