Reduce Your Use
For more information on energy efficiency, visit:
Looking for advice on how you can make your home more energy efficient? We offer our customers a free Energy Advising service to help you get started. Implementing a few cost-effective solutions now can save you money over the long term.
Our free Energy Advising session is about 30 to 60 minutes and is designed to give you the tips you need to use electricity more efficiently throughout your household.
Our advisors thoroughly examine all aspects of your home, from basement to attic, to find inefficiencies and identify potential solutions for improving efficiency. Your heating system, appliances, building structure, windows and doors are all examined with energy efficiency in mind.
Contact us to book your energy advising appointment today.
Saint John Energy also provides financing up to a maximum of 60 months to home and business owners provided they are also the occupant of the premises for basic electrical upgrades, upgrading windows and doors to Energy Star certified replacements or the purchase and installation of Energy Star certified Mini Split Ductless Heat Pumps. For more information on our loan program, download our brochure.
Our Top 5 Energy Savings Tips
- Use cold water to wash clothes and hang clothes to dry when possible.
- In winter, keep curtains or drapes open during the day (to attract heat) and closed at night (to retain heat). In summer, do the opposite.
- LED light bulbs are 85% more energy efficient and last longer.
- Basements are responsible for 1/3 of a home’s heat loss. Make sure yours is properly insulated.
- Use a microwave or toaster oven when possible to use less energy than a stove or oven.